Wednesday 20 March 2013

Dan Robinson Snr Tribute Machines...the prototypes


Following on from my previous post, here's more info about the Dan Robinson Snr Tribute Machines.


Having gotten Dan's blessing via the 3D Renders, the next stage was to build some prototype Frames.
Because I already had the necessary files from those renders, I could send them off to my Laser Cutters.

I decided upon 4 x prototypes as that would allow for both mistakes & any revisions to the Frames.
Also these prototypes would allow me to construct a suitable Jig to aid in their assembly when tack welding.

The following photos show the progression of one prototype Frame through its various stages of building.
For anyone wanting more details on my construction method, check out this earlier Blog post here.

Prototype Frame having been fully tack welded

Prototype Frame having been fully braze welded

Prototype Frame having been fully filed

Prototype Frame having been fully linished.


No comments:

Post a Comment