So rather than just write "words" to remember our own Aussie Tattoo Legends, I decided to take "action" & build what's now being referred to as a "Tribute Machine".
For me it seemed a fairly simple choice...a Dan Robinson Snr Tribute Machine.
- Dan is a great Tattoo Artist who's had a huge influence on Aussie Tattooing, as well as having built & sold his own Machines.
- Dan's career spans from 1959, through the 60's, 70's, 80's, till mid 90's & then part-time until 2001.
- Dan introduced the (then new for Aussies) safe pigment colors of Brown, Blue & White into the Aussie Tattooing scene during the early 60's.
- Dan was one of those early converters to the (then new for Aussies) "DC" powered Machines during the early 70's.
- Dan used, built & supplied the "Hybrid" Thin Armature DC Machines from the early 70's until the late 90's.
- Dan was the first Aussie Tattoo Artist to introduce us to the (then new for Aussies) "Japanese" style of designs during the early 70's.
- Dan was one of the founding Members of the P.T.A.A. (Professional Tattooing Association of Australia) in the early 80's.
- Dan became President of the P.T.A.A. in the mid 80's.
- Dan became one of the first "Life Members" of the P.T.A.A. in the mid 90's.
|Dan Robinson Snr|
Dan & his wife Wendy are retired to a country property surrounded by acres of bushland & native wildlife.
Dan recently celebrated his 70th Birthday with family & friends.
|Dan & Wendy Robinson|
More info about the Dan Robinson Snr Tribute Machines to follow soon...