Saturday 14 July 2012

Machine Building2...linish, ream, stamp

Linish:
Next on the agenda was to now linish all of the edges & surfaces of the Frames.
I'm using a special Scotchbrite Belt to remove all the various file marks & give the Frames a nice satin finish.

Frames laid out in preparation for their linishing.

Frames on the left & the Scothbrite Belt all set up & ready to go

Another view of that Scothbrite Belt used for linishing.

And so the linishing of the Frames begins. 

Closer view of the freshly linished Frames.


Ream:
After all of the linishing is completed, I then go through & individually hand ream all the Tube holes.
This helps to ensure that both 5/16" & 8mm Tubes (of good quality) will fit correctly into my Machines.

To ensure a nice fit for Tubes, each Frame is individually hand reamed.


Stamp:
I then go through & double check everything is square & aligned correctly.
Once I'm sure that each Frame is OK, I then individually stamp them C.CREED 2012

Frame in position ready for it's stamping.

Apologies for slightly out of focus shot...but the stamp was good.

12 x Frames all completed & stamped.


No comments:

Post a Comment